Discover Who You are as a Teacher in 2018!
200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training
5 WEEKEND Program
Learn to Teach a Powerful & Connected Yoga Class ● Empower Yourself with the Practices of Yoga, Pranayama, Mediation, & Kriya ● Connect with Amazing Community ● Discover Your Light ● Evolve into the Best Version of You ●
I am so excited to announce my 4th Cathy Connors Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training Program. This will be the 7th teacher training that I've led. Why so many? Most simply, it's because TTs are one of my greatest loves.
It brings me such joy to see students awaken to a place of strength, peace, love, truth, radiance and joy, both on and off their yoga mats.
This is possible for you too!
I invite you to join us on this 200 hour journey of awakening your heart, connecting with your tribe, and tapping into your power as a leader and teacher.
Whether or not you plan to teach yoga, if you are being called to do this training, say yes! Your heart never lies. As you step into your light, you become a lighthouse for others no matter what role you play.
During this training -- in an environment of support and love -- you will find the courage to open your heart, live your truth, and trust your inner wisdom.
What is Possible for you at this Teacher Training and why it is unique:
At the last TT I led, one student taught a power vinyasa class for her final project, another taught a yin class, and yet another taught a kriya-based meditation class. I was overjoyed to see each student find their passion and voice. In that moment, I knew this training was unique and special because it gave students all the tools they needed to teach the type of class that resonated with them. It also gave students the freedom to discover their strengths and gifts as a teacher. When you show up authentically, you have a powerful impact on your students and my students have a powerful impact on me!
This training will give you the foundation you need to teach a vinyasa class that is powerful, alive and uniquely you. You will find your voice and your way to inspire others!
In addition, you will learn ancient practices from the tantra tradition of yoga and how to weave them into your classes to deepen the students experience. These practices include pranayama, kriya, mantra, and laya. These practices were passed down to me from my teacher, Anand Mehtrora who developed Sattva yoga & lives in Rishikesh, India.
Dates: April 6-8, May 4-6, June 8-10, June 29-July 1, July 13-15
- Fridays 9:00 am-9:30 pm
- Saturdays 7:30 am-9:00 pm
- Sundays 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Cost: $3500 -- Early Bird Discount $2800 (*must sign up by March 1st)
Location: Folsom, CA (private studio)
- Also included:
- Wednesday night classes are included in the cost during the training (not a requirement. . 6:30-7:30 p.m. class, option to stay until 8:00 pm for Satsang (wisdom talk)
- You also receive two of the 21-Day Online Sadhana's with this training. You can begin these before training if you'd like.
- Special Graduation Celebration - it's a surprise!
Space is limited so sign up now to save your spot -- $500 non-refundable deposit required. Contact me if you have any questions or hesitations. Let's have an honest discussion about whether this training is right for you.
I. Physical Body:
- You will step away from this program with an in depth understanding of the asana (physical poses) and how to structure a class that is intelligent in the body. Alignment, anatomy, and assisting will all be addressed in this training.
II. Energetic Body:
- You will learn about the following and how to use them in your personal practice and in your classes: chakras, koshas, kriya, pranayama
- You will come out of this training with all the tools you need to teach a 60 or 75 minute group or individual yoga class in various settings including yoga studio, gym, and office.
You will learn how to:
- Cue the asana and the breath during class
- Sequence poses
- Incorporate pranayama, kriya and mantra to deepen students' experience
- Use music and silence impactfully
- Understand the power of your presence as a teacher and leader and navigate a class
- Find your authentic voice as a teacher
- Various meditation practices will be taught and experienced, including pranayama, kriya, and mantra meditation.
V. Yoga Wisdom:
- Yoga Sutras: 8 limb path
- How to use yoga in your daily life
- Business of yoga
- Exploration of your own personal journey
- Teaching special populations: beginners, those with physical injuries and limitations; prenatal
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Baron Baptiste's Journey Into Power
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutra
- Bhagavad Gita or Upanishads (your choice)
- Autobiography of a Yogi or Polishing the Mirror (your choice)